Monday, December 8, 2008

Final project- Let's talk about recycling

I've always wondered what happens to the cans and bottles that I throw into those fancy looking recycle bins, so for my final story my partner Fei and I decided to take an inside look of a local recycling plant. The owner of the plant Mark Naef was a great guy and explained to us how recycling works and other issues regarding the environment, and then we visited the factories and watched how all the recycling machines and conveyer belts work. Finally, Fei and I went downtown and asked random people what they felt about the availability of recycle bins downtown. 

When I was putting my package together, I tried to put a "timeliness" element in it. Last time Jameson did it by pointing out that he has an allergy to animals with fur, and that was when the Obamas started searching for a pet for their family. This time I tried to achieve it by tying my story with this year's election. Unfortunately, it didn't go as well as I had hoped, but oh well c'est la vie. Here is the story:


No comments: