Monday, December 8, 2008

Semester Snapshot

December 7, 2008 - After an entire semester developing my skills as a broadcast reporter, I still find my passion in producing newscasts and to that end I took the opportunity as a final project to take all of my packages from the past few months and created a mini newscast to give everyone a sense of what happened and what I hope to do in the future while also giving myself some more practice and experience in creating a quality product.

In the following you will see the majority of my stories profiled senior citizens and politics with one story, my trip to a corn maze, that broke the mold. In making my own beat this semester I found out for myself why the senior citizen vote and opinion is so strong first hand. I saw that at whatever event available, they came out and made sure their voices were heard. I witnessed how their issues become so important to policymakers and learned a thing or two about why I should care.

This semester was filled with challenges but I have come out of it with an even deeper passion for the news and find myself lucky to be involved with such an important field of work.


No comments: