Thursday, December 4, 2008

HS Boys BBall: CBA at Nottingham

Recap/Highlights:



CBA Coach - Buddy Wleklinski




Final Thoughts on the Final Project:

The goal of my final project was design it specifically for the internet. It's a simple recap of a high school basketball game with a couple small twists.

I wanted the recap to be as quick and to the point as possible. As Chris Sheridan told us when he spoke in class, the videos that have the best "play to completion rate" are the very short ones and the very long ones. Based on that idea, I kept the recap brief - only about a minute.

I also didn't necessarily want the interview with Coach Wleklinski incorporated into my recap because I wanted the viewer to have the choice watch that separately if he wanted.

With that in mind, I planned the layout of the post ahead of time. I knew Coach Wleklinski's interview would go right below my recap. So, at the end of my recap, I mentioned the interview and pointed down to where the video would be.

These are relatively small things, but they are the difference between a video made for TV and a video made for the internet.

No comments: